Scio Community Improvement Organization (i.e. S.C.I.O.)
The Scio Community Improvement Organization (S.C.I.O.) is a charitable organization whose primary purpose is the betterment of Scio and the greater Scio Community. S.C.I.O. operates under a set of Bylaws. There are four officers: president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. The Board is made up of nine members, with terms of three years. The positions rotate with three members being elected each year. Meetings are held four times a year, including the Annual Meeting which is held in April. All meetings are open to the public. Each agenda includes an opportunity for attendees to announce community events.
S.C.I.O. focuses on the following five areas.
• Planning, development and infrastructure intended to address city infrastructure, flood control, housing, transportation and education.
• Business and tourism focused on the five covered bridges, the Lamb & Wool Fair, and generally on development of businesses in the greater Scio community and tourism in our area.
• Developing recreation, parks and a community center to facilitate community events and culture.
• Community pride and beautification with an emphasis on
community pride, a historic theme and downtown beautification.
• Providing communication between the community and the world, and also coordination between and within the community via existing organizations, the internet, social media and other venues.
At this time, S.C.I.O. contributes time, money, and energy to the follow projects:
• Downtown Flower Baskets
• Scio Clean Up Day
• National Night Out
• The community website - www.sciosource.com -
• Cooperative support for the proposed Scio
Fairgrounds and Event Center
To be successful this organization must have the interest and cooperation of lots of folks. Participation can take many forms, e.g. attending meetings, serving on the Board, contributing information to the website, getting donations for National Night Out, watering the flower baskets, and on and on. Interested Scio area residents who would like to be involved in S.C.I.O. are urged to contact one of the current officers through www.sciosource.com.
S.C.I.O. through its "Communications Committee" has brought you this website - www.sciosource.com.
Purpose: S.C.I.O.’s primary purpose is the betterment of Scio and the greater Scio community.
S.C.I.O. members participate in activities and events organized under the following committees:
Planning, Development, & Infrastructure;
Business & Tourism Development;
Recreation, Parks & Community Center;
Community Pride and Beautification;
and Communication & Coordination
President: Doug Branch
Vice President: Greg Schneider
Secretary: Wendy Greenwald
Treasurer: Lynne Branch,
Contacts: Doug at 503-539-8175 or Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: 4th Thursday in January, April, June and October at 7:00 pm plus other meetings as arranged
Meeting Location: Scio Fire District Community Room, 38975 SW 6th Ave, Scio - open to public
To join contact: Doug Branch at 503-539-8175
Membership cost: None